LORD II - The New World
- Download Lord 2 from GamePort
- Expand the .zip file into c:\wwiv\lord2\
- From the command prompt, run LCFG.exe
** CREATING THE GAME.DAT FILE ** Done. You can now play locally by typing LORD2 from dos, for BBS setup check the (S)etup nodes option in this program, then have your BBS "CALL LORD2 <NODE NUM>" to run that configuration! EXAMPLE: CALL LORD2 1 (runs the node 1 configuration) [MORE]
LORD II: CONFIGURE 102 (G)ame Options (S)etup Nodes With BBS <= DO THIS FIRST! (W)orld Editor (U)se Player Editor (D)iagnostics on people playing now (I)tem Editor (E)nter Registration Code (R)eset Game (Q)uit & Save Currently, this copy is UNREGISTERED.
- Select Setup
- If you have already setup LORD, you can select "C" and it will copy all the node settings from LORD.
- If you are setting this up for the first time, edit the Node to match below. You will need to do this for each node that accepts users.
EDITING NODE SETUP √ (1) Node Number : 1 (2) BBS Name : YOUR BBS (3) BBS Software : WWIV (4) Path To Drop File: C:\WWIV\E\1\TEMP (5) Fossil/Internal : Using Regular Fossil Driver (6) Locked Port Speed: Port Not Locked (7) Comport : Read From Drop File (8) Send Open Comports Command? : Yes! (9) Send Reset Comports Command? : Yes! (A) Use Special ANSI Settings? : No! (B) Use direct screen writes? : No! (C) Copy setup from another RT game. (LORD & RTREADER) (D) Use secondary ASYNC commands?: No! ([) Go back a node (]) Go forward a node (Q) Quit To Main
- Edit c:\wwiv\lord2\lord2.bat and change the drive and PATH near the top to c: & \wwiv\lord2. Also, uncomment those two lines. (Remove the "REM " from the start of the lines).
- Move c:\wwiv\lord2\lord2.bat to c:\wwiv\lord2.bat
- Login into your bbs and use chainedit //ce at the main menu OR at the Waiting for Call (WFC) type C
- Either way then select Insert door and configure it like this:
Editing Chain # 1 A) Description : LORD II - The New World B) Filename : c:\wwiv\lord2\LORD2.BAT %N C) SL : 10 D) AR : None. E) ANSI : Optional F) Exec Mode: : Emulate DOS FOSSIL I) Launch From : BBS Root Directory J) Local only : No K) Multi user : Yes L) Registered by: AVAILABLE M) Usage : 2 N) Age limit : 0 - 255 (Q=Quit) Which (A-N,R,[,]) :