Configuring WWIVnet on Windows
Installation and Configuration
- Submit your WWIVnet Node Application to [email protected] Weather Station BBS - telnet://bbs.weather-station.org/
- Get the latest version of WWIVNET-##.zip on the build server.
- Put all of the contents of the zip in
- Setup your node in WWIV wwivconfig.exe
┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────── Network Configuration ┐
│ Net Type : WWIVnet │
│ Net Name : WWIVnet │
│ Node # : YOURNODE │
│ Directory : NETS\WWIVNET\ │
- Create \wwiv\nets\wwivnet\CALLOUT.NET with
@1 && /1 "password" replacing password with the one provided by [email protected]
- From \wwiv\ run
Network3 y which will verify your configuration and files and send an email to your local #1 mailbox.
- From the \wwiv run
bbs.exe -M to pickup and deliver the mail.
Note: The default config of WWIV5TelentServer runs the local node with the -M command so if you run the local node to check your mail this will happen anyway, but you have to launch the local node AFTER you run Network3.
- Login as #1 and Check your email on the BBS. You should see a pretty email and it should say "Everything is Fine" along with other details.
Verify Network Mail
- With \wwiv\bbs.exe -m & either wwivd or networkb --receive running:
- Login to your BBS and send an email to [email protected]
- You will be prompted to pick the net (WWVIVnet) and confirm the system (Weather Station).
- Give it a subject. Send the Net Coordinator a love note and hit /S to save and send.
- Ideally you and [email protected] are chatting in IRC while you do this. ;-) then you can confirm and troubleshoot all at once. If not, wait a couple of hours for [email protected] to read or reply.