Configuring WWIVnet on Windows
Installation and Configuration
- Submit your WWIVnet Node Application to 1@1 Weather Station BBS - telnet://bbs.weather-station.org/
- Get the latest version of WWIVNET-##.zip on the build server.
- Put all of the contents of the zip in
- Net38b.zip put all of the *.EXE files in \WWIV. The rest of the files are not needed.
- Setup your node in WWIV INIT.EXE
┌─────────────────────────────────────────────────── Network Configuration ┐ │ Net Type : WWIVnet │ │ Net Name : WWIVnet │ │ Node # : YOURNODE │ │ Directory : NETS\WWIVNET\ │ └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
- Create \wwiv\nets\wwivnet\CALLOUT.NET with
@1 && /1 "password"replacing password with the one provided by 1@1.
- From \wwiv\ run
Network3 ywhich will verify your configuration and files and send an email to your local #1 mailbox.
- From the \wwiv run
bbs.exe -Mto pickup and deliver the mail.
Note: The default config of WWIV5TelentServer runs the local node with the -M command so if you run the local node to check your mail this will happen anyway, but you have to launch the local node AFTER you run Network3.
- Login as #1 and Check your email on the BBS. You should see a pretty email and it should say "Everything is Fine" along with other details.
Create \wwiv\bink.cmd with the following commands:
@ Echo OFF rem NetworkB controller cls :start C: cd \wwiv echo Starting NetworkB to Receive Inbound Connections echo. networkb --receive goto start
Verify Network Mail
- With \wwiv\bbs.exe -m & BINKP.CMD running:
- Login to your BBS and send an email to 1@1
- You will be prompted to pick the net (WWVIVnet) and confirm the system (Weather Station).
- Give it a subject. Send the Net Coordinator a love note and hit /S to save and send.
- Ideally you and 1@1 are chatting in IRC while you do this. ;-) then you can confirm and troubleshoot all at once. If not, wait a couple of hours for 1@1 to read or reply.